LLC “RTP” pipes and coupling pieces made of “Random copolymer” (PP-R Type-3)
are used in the cold/hot water supply systems in the apartment, office and industrial buildings, in the heating systems, heating, water treatment systems as well as in the pneumatic and process pipelines.
The polypropylene piping is suitable for all known types of coupling. Coupling of fittings and polypropylene pipes is performed by means of thermic flareweld; coupling of plastic parts with the metal ones is carried out by means of a socket diffused welding; coupling of plastic parts with the metal ones is performed with the help of combination fittings and flange joints. The simple combination fittings, shut-off valves combined provide means for combining of polypropylene pipes with other systems and connecting them up in a number of ways.
Benefits of PP-R pipes and fittings over the steel ones are as follows:
- // pipeline long service life – at least 50 years in the systems of the cold water supply;
- // use of fresh raw material for the pipe and fitting fabrication
- // working pressure on fittings – 25 Bar
- // fabrication of brass embedded part, type LS-59 by means of a hot forming followed by a mechanical operation and nickel electrolyte coating
- // no corrosion and clogging of pipe section area available while in service;
- // simplicity and acceleration of the PP-R pipeline assembling by 5-7 times versus the metal ones;
- // leaktightness of weld joints;
- // high chemical resistance of the PP-R pipelines and fittings;
- // less noise level (versus the metal pipes) of liquid flow.
- // in case of pressure the system sustains several freeze cycles not being destructed;
- // a polypropylene is an eco-friendly material and evolves no hazardous substances while in pipeline service.